Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Swine flu and our kids

If you are like me, you have watched the news and heard all about the swine flu outbreak. At first, I was very concerned like I am sure many others were. I bought the germ X and extra hand soap. I told the kids all about making sure they used their “flu precautions” and insisted that my husband take a bottle of germ X with him. As time has gone by I am not quite as worried however, we have a vacation coming up and I want everyone to be well for it. Can you truly keep your kids well? One of my boy’s true loves in life is food. Therefore, there is no such thing as the 5 second rule it is more like 30-second rule. My daughter, thank God she grew out of it, used to lick the counters at the stores. What was up with that I do not know? We would get ready to check out and she would lean in and out would come the tongue for a quick taste of the counter. There is no amount of germ X going to take care of that. So in the middle of the night when we get that dreaded “Mommy, my tummy don’t feel so good” call it might have something to do with the counter tasting at our local supermarket. However, it is all good just another day in the life of married with children.

1 comment: